[Gambas-devel] Audio path (fwd)

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...418...
Tue Feb 21 12:01:49 CET 2006

.=================================================.
|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
+================================================='
| brian _AT_ brians-anime _DOT_ com
`=================================================-
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...418...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:24:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Christopher Brian Jack <brian at ...418...>
To: Gambas Development List <gambas-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Gambas-devel] Audio path

If I wanted to make a gb.audio.effects library for doing postmixing
effects like reverb, echo and other such nifties and what is the best way
to approach the task as in where to hook in, etc.?

Ideally it should be possible for the effects drivers to modify the sound
stream(s) or music stream(s) independently (one or the other, both, or
none).

Ideally I'd like to implement as a separate component selectable into a
project, rather than hack into the gb.sdl.audio code directly.

Also how would I indicate to the system the gb.xxx.audio dependency (I use
xxx because there may come a time where more than one audio component
becomes available in the future, say hypathetically,
gb.directsound.audio).

Ideally base audio component independance should also be possible.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |