[Gambas-devel] Feature request for TextView

MV gambas at ...538...
Sat Dec 16 20:21:15 CET 2006

Le samedi 16 Décembre 2006 20:00, Benoit Minisini a écrit :

> Sorry, but it is too complicated to do.

Well, I had a feeling that wasn't going to cut it... Too bad...

> What is the problem with putting a temporary Image in a temporary file
> in /tmp ?

None at all, save the necessity to keep tab on a local cache, and code some
clean up routines ; it was just a matter of avoiding an uncessary step, and
keeping user code tight and powerful. Plus it would have been possible to
nicely 'tag' contents with stock icons and such, for instance.

I understand it's just about eye candy, but bringing immediate eye candy to
the casual programmer is half the fun of Gambas, the other half being the
great harnessing of very powerful functionnalities. But I don't underestimate
the complexity of your job bringing all those features to us, it was just a
thought it might be possible without a lot of work. I'd really love to be
able to help in actual coding, but I'm far from being skilled enough.

--
Manuel