[Gambas-devel] Gambas Development

Scott, Vince Vince.Scott at ...440...
Wed Aug 23 22:56:54 CEST 2006

Thanks for the information.

-----Original Message-----
From: gambas-devel-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:gambas-devel-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Rob
Kudla
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:18 PM
To: gambas-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Gambas-devel] Gambas Development

On Wed August 23 2006 15:58, Scott, Vince wrote:
> background. I would really like to see a website created
> better directed at Gambas users...sharing code, ideas,
> componants etc. I would even be interested in helping put that
> together. If you guys get a version to replace VB in Windows
> you will forever have my attention!

That was my idea with the original Gambas wiki (before we moved
it to gambasdoc.org.)  Unfortunately, Twiki was the wiki
software we were using, and after a few years it became obvious
that Twiki sucks.

I hope we can regain some of the more community oriented stuff on
gambasdoc.org that people had put into the old wiki, like code
snippets and whatnot.  It's still out there at
http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki if you click the static
version, but you can't search it or anything and it's organized
pretty badly since everyone just put their examples wherever
they wanted.

> I would really like to build a componant for Gambas. Do you
> have any detailed instructions on building one. The
> documentation is very weak.

Unfortunately, for my first component, which is now gb.pcre, I
started with some already existing C-based component (some, like
gb.qt. are C++, and others nowadays are Gambas) and feverishly
modified it until it did what I wanted, using the documentation
only as a reference when I got stuck.  When I dust off gb.posix
I'll try to document exactly what I do to get it going, since
it's a fairly simple and direct mapping between the POSIX
functions and Gambas methods.

Rob

-
security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo