[Gambas-devel] packaging gambas

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 21 16:57:28 CEST 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 12:21, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> Following the specs in the sources, I have changed gambas packages for
> Debian and added a gambas2-dev package, but I still have some doubts.
> Benoît says that gambas-runtime only should contain gbx/gbr and gives
> the specs for the rest of packages. Anyway there are some "special"
> files/components:
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.debug.component
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.debug.so.0.0.0
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.eval.component
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.eval.so.0.0.0
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.vb.component
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.vb.so.0.0.0
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.compress.so.0
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.db.so.0
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.debug.so
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.debug.so.0
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.eval.so
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.eval.so.0
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.vb.so
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.vb.so.0
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.db.so
> /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.compress.so
>
> For gambas2, I've always left them into the gambas2-runtime package and
> I don't see clearly where they should be. Maybe is needed a
> gambas2-gb-db package and gambas2-gb-db-postresql, mysql, etc, depend on
> it, or is it more funcional leave these files into the gambas-runtime
> package and don't take care of those dependencies?

You're right, I forgot to clarify that point.

gb.debug and gb.eval should go inside gambas2-runtime, because they can be
loaded by the interpreter at any momemnt, when it needs it.

But gb.vb, gb.compress and gb.db should have their own packages, because they
will be added as package dependencies by the IDE package maker.