[Gambas-devel] problems compiling in Debian

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...101...
Thu Aug 10 22:21:25 CEST 2006

El jue, 10-08-2006 a las 20:50 +0200, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> On Thursday 10 August 2006 20:37, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> >
> > Right, I can solve it doing
> > 	$(MAKE)  prefix=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr \
> > 		ROOT="$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp"
>
> No you should do:
>
> 	./configure --prefix=/usr

That was already done, obviously.

>  	$(MAKE)  DESTDIR="$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp"

ok

> > as I later do
> > 	$(MAKE) install prefix=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr \
> > 		ROOT="$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp"
>
> And then:
>
>  	$(MAKE) install prefix=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr \
>  		DESTDIR="$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp"

I'll "use" you to learn a little bit: why DESTDIR instead of ROOT?

> > And then the whole gambas stuff is compiled without problems in
> > `pwd`/debian/tmp/ to make the package. But my doubt is: Once the package
> > is isntalled, and gbc2 is placed at /usr/bin... will it work?
> > If not, it doesn't make much sense...
>
> It should work.
>
> $(prefix) tells gbx2, gbc2 and gbi2 where Gambas will be finally installed,
> but only during the compilation process.
>
> DESTDIR tells the Makefile specific install rules where it can find gbc2, gba2
> and gbi2.
>
> Tell me the result. If it works, I will put that in a HowTo!

Doing as you've said, I get:

cp: cannot stat `./debian/tmp/usr/share/gambas2/help': No such file or
directory
when compressing the gambas-doc package after compiling.

Doing as I said in my previous email, the compilation has finished
without any problem. But, once the packages are installed, the ide
doesn't work.
I get a "Fmain.$load.1109: Unknown function call"

More ideas?