[Gambas-devel] Edit/Install component

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Aug 9 19:53:44 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 17:54, Ron Onstenk wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 August 2006 12:03, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > Or you can put your component in the Gambas source tree:
> >
> > 1) Copy your component project into {gambas-source-dir}/comp/src, with
> > the others.
> >
> > 2) Modifies the 'order' file accordingly. This file is a list of all
> > components in {gambas-source-dir}/comp/src, in compilation order.
> > Components are compiles and install during the 'make install' phase.
> >
> > Try the method you want :-)
>
> This is what I want to speed up.
> It concerns the gb.form.mda version of gb.form.mdi.
> When edit is done I do the make executable.
>
> Then really changed thing are/is the gb.form.mdi.gambas file.
> Is it not sufficient to copy only that file to the destination by hand ?
>
> > 4) Once done, the info files are generated by running 'gbi2 gb.xxx' in a
> > shell.
>
> Is the next shell script idea OK or do I miss something?
> The component is already installed once and active.
>
> !#/bin/bash
> gambas-source-dir="thesource"
> gambas-destin-dir="/opt/gb" # set by --prefix to /opt/gb
> gambas-privat-dir="/home/ron/gambas2mda"
>
> cd ${gambas-source-dir}
>
> # do recompile with gb? the gb.form.mda project to gb.form.mda.gambas
> cd ${comp/src/gb.form.mda}
> #gb? ????
>
> # copy the result to destination
> cp gb.form.mda.gambas {gambas-destin-dir}/lib/gambas2
>
> # create the info and lst file
> gbi2 gb.form.mda
>
> # copy to destination
> cp .info  ${gambas-destin-dir}/share/gambas2/info/gb.form.mda.info
> cp .lst   ${gambas-destin-dir}/share/gambas2/info/gb.form.mda.lst
>
> # recompile the private gambas2mda version to gambas2mda.gambas
> cd ${gambas-privat-dir}
> #gb? ????
>
> I want to do this by a script because 'make install'
> cost sooooooooo much time for only a 3 files changed
>
> Hope this is more clear,
>
> Ron

You should use "make install", as this way you are sure that all needed things
are done.

For your tests, you can do the "make install" once, and copy the *.gambas file
by hand the next times.

Note that you don't have to generate the component to make your tests. Running
the component project is like running any other project using this component.