[Gambas-devel] Preview gb.form.md[ia]

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...124...
Sat Aug 5 18:30:29 CEST 2006

This is a preview the current working .mdi/.mda
It is based on the .mdi made by Benoit and the
.mda made by Fabien and a windows manager by myself.

The colours used is for debugging purpose.

The windows has a header with
  Controlbox with icon and menu
  Title area for the original title of the embeded form
  Button to minimise
  Button to roll up/off
  Button for Close

All buttons are programmable on/off or the complete Head can switch off.
The area below with the text or form are resizeable.

The best thing is it is the .mdi and .mda together
The way I do it now is by a flag in the source code.
The result is if the flag is not set it works 99.9999999% the same
If set it should work still the same way.
In fact the API has not changed for Workspace but there is a .Options property add.

The only affected files are
CWindow:
  add some variable extra,
FWorkspace:
  add a window manager from other project and
  use a flag for mdi/mda way of working (USEMDA).
  Add .Options property as boolean array to handle the Head.
  TODO:
  Add mdi/mda flag as Workspace method???
  Use of collection for named index to handle the options
  (my old one did need only booleans)

Workspace:
  Add code to transfer .Options from client to FWorkspace

'************************** Workspace *********************
'IF USEMDA THEN
PROPERTY Options AS Boolean[]
PRIVATE FUNCTION Options_Read() AS Boolean[]
  RETURN hWorkspace.Options
END
PRIVATE SUB Options_Write(opts AS Boolean[])
  hWorkspace.Options = opts
END
'USEMDA
'**********************************************************

TODO:
Overall I have to enable the routines for the control menu
and check them. i.e. The close button does not work 100% correct.

Rename my old variable/control names to more correct ones.
Names now are based on old controls replaced by totally different.
Create a  project as demo for (new) Workspace.

Remember, it is just a preview to get a impression.

Ron

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is
still shrink-wrapped in their warehouse...