[Gambas-devel] Building 1.9.20 under Ubuntu 5.04 / AMD64

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Tue Sep 13 18:37:54 CEST 2005

On Tue September 13 2005 10:43, Rob Kendrick wrote:
> First attempt at building (http://www.rjek.com/original.txt.gz)
> results in failures with PCRE.  Second attempt with --disable-pcre
> (http://www.rjek.com/no-pcre.txt.gz) generates failures when
> installing (segmentation fault.)
>
> Looking at the warnings that go by, might this be a bug caused by
> assumptions that are no longer true on AMD64?

Gambas is DEFINITELY not 64-bit safe at present.  I have to plead no
contest as far as gb.pcre goes, too, because I only just bought my
first amd64 box and it's sitting in its box still due to a lack of
free time.

Rob