[Gambas-devel] Bug in gambas2-1.9.20 installation

Guido Ostkamp gambas at ...345...
Mon Sep 12 22:55:27 CEST 2005

Hello,

I would like to report a bug in the gambas2-1.9.20 installation.

I'm testing my software as a seperate user 'testuser' before installing it
to the regular locations. So I did this:

$ cd /home/testuser
$ tar xvjf /tmp/gambas2-1.9.20.tar.bz2
$ cd gambas2-1.9.20
$ ./configure --prefix=/home/testuser/local
$ make
$ make install

The installation script finished, but the effects were as follows:

... ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/bin/gambas2' to
`/home/testuser/local/bin/gambas2.gambas': Permission denied

It's clear that this link should have been created in
/home/testuser/local/bin. I tried that, but then  ...

$ cd /home/testuser/local/bin
$ ln -s gambas2.gambas gambas2
$ ./gambas2
zsh: no such file or directory: ./gambas2

... it failed. I checked 'gambas2.gambas' and found

$ head gambas2.gambas
#!/usr/bin/gbx2 -x

....# Gambas Project File 1.0

This is also wrong. /usr/bin/gbx2 should not be in here as it does not
exist.

Ah, btw. here is my environment: SuSE Linux 9.3 Prof., and an earlier
version of gambas was installed as SuSE package at standard locations.
However, this should not have any influence.

I would appreciate if these bugs could be fixed.

Thanx in advance,

Guido