[Gambas-devel] makefile !!!

PV oreip at ...1...
Fri Oct 7 19:33:33 CEST 2005

On 07/10/2005 16:35, Daniel wrote:

> sorry
> but the ibpp library (firebird) use exceptions, that made 3 weeks i
> break the head "why I cannot catch exception any more"
> thank you

Aha! Now we're finally talking! :)
I banged my head for some days to try to find out what was wrong, the reason
why I kept receiving the dreaded signal #6 from Gambas!

I finally found that it was a connection problem on the port used by firebird,
but it took a while because I didn't get any useful feedback from the component.

However, please note that I just recreated the same situation (hence the same
connection problem) but the firebird component returned with a user/password
failure, so it wouldn't have been of great help even if the component and
exceptions worked from the very beginning.

If I can give a suggestion, try to make the component issue more significant
error messages, in order to better identify possible problems.

Thanks anyway for your good and useful work!

Ciao,
Piero