[Gambas-devel] New bug in gambas ...

Charlie Reinl na2492 at ...16...
Sat Nov 12 00:14:33 CET 2005

>On Friday 11 November 2005 23:15, Charlie Reinl wrote:
>> >On Sunday 06 November 2005 02:01, Fabien Bodard wrote:
>> >
>> >One of your classes inherits 'CLine' which does not exist. You see the

>> error
>>
>> >message if you run your project from the command line...
>>
>> Salut Benoit,
>>
>> is it not possible to raise Errors, from the X underlaying 'workers'
>> up to X, so for every one who use gambas will be clear, why the called
>> software will not start.
>>
>> I know that is not only a gambas problem, and may be tournig a X or
kernel

>> parameter to the right value will do that job.
>>
>> If anybody has a hint about that ?
>>
>> Amicalment
>> Charlie
>> * Gesendet mit / Sent by: FEN-Webmail * http://www.fen-net.de *
>>

>I didn't understand what you talked about.
>
>It is not that the program "didn't start". It is just that the error
message
>was not catched by the IDE because it was too early.
>
>I have just fixed this problem, and now you will get an explicit error
message
>in the IDE.

Salut Benoit,

no , not only in the IDE also compiled gambas projects, but this 'too
early error' dit NOT raise anywhere, exepte if you start it from a
terminal. So I think that comes from gbx.

So I thought, it will be a good feature to show the message, even if the
user had justed clicked and Icon somewhere on his Desktop.

I don't know how, by opening a terminal, using dialog or something else to

show the Error to the User, so he can understand or tell what's happend.

Like it happens to Fabien, he thought its a bug in gambas, but it was
a bug in his project. Reread the 'bug description' from Fabien.

He is using a product which don't raise an error, but it don't work,
so the product is 'buggy'.

That happend some times to me, while changing gambas versions, last time
when I moved form gambas1 to 2 and XML-libs had changed name.

If that is still not clear what I tell, please ask again!
I think thats an importend point of view for product quality.