[Gambas-devel] The screens

Charlie Reinl na2492 at ...16...
Tue Nov 1 19:56:16 CET 2005

Am Dienstag, den 01.11.2005, 01:25 +0100 schrieb Benoit Minisini:
> On Tuesday 01 November 2005 00:46, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> > Salut,
> >
> > here the screens asked for
> >
> > Amicalment
> > Charlie
>
> As for the font, you may have a big problem with your X server, or your font
> server. I never noticed this bug with qt.

I think to know now whats wrong.

I have 2 computers which are shearing keyboard, mouse and one of my 2
monitors (the LEFT on VGA) via KVM-switch. The developer box has an
second monitor (the RIGHT on DVI).

Switched to the developer box I use the 2 monitors as 2 Desktops

The pb (I tested today) is only on the RIGHT monitor, and it is not only
in gambas2 but also with gambas-1.0.11.
No pb at all with that on the LEFT monitor.

> As for the tips that do not appear, tell me the value of System.Language when
> you start the IDE.
System.Language = en_US

What I remarked else, this only happens in projects which are created
with gambas2 (20 and 21).
I made new tests to check that out. New created projects with gambas2,
opened at first after starting the IDE, do have an empty 'Tip of the
day' window. If you close that window and open it by ?/Tip of the day ,
it is also empty.
If you disable 'Tip of the day' ( there is another bug, you have to
disable it twice, in preferences and on the form [I did it in that way,
haven't tried first the form then in preferences])
and you open one of these gambas2 created projects, the 'Tip of the day'
window called by ?/Tip of the day is filled.

Hope that helps you to find it.

Amicalment
Charlie