[Gambas-devel] Callbacks

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...103...
Fri May 13 13:24:59 CEST 2005

Hi Benoît:

In finishing CallBacks management at gb.api. I have no problem
to send the parameters to the callback, as GB.Push() allows
to do that without problems, however, the return value is
more complicated to manage:

I've implemented a "SetReturn()" method to tell the callback the
value to return, however it would be nice if the programmer could
just act like in a normal function, that is "RETURN Value". However
I have no way to know in gb.api the return value one I've called
the function, even If I'm able to release or not that value.(GB.Call)

"SetReturn" is problem if there are nested callbacks, too.

Regards,

D. Campos