[Gambas-devel] Gambas Devel-branch on NetBSD 2.0/i386 nits

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Mar 16 14:22:37 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 01:49, Brandon Bergren wrote:
> I got gambas 1.9.3 to compile/run on netbsd/i386 v2.0.
>
> The biggest issues:
>
> 1. gbi2 and gbx2 NEED to be compiled with -lpthread as a link option.
>
> That's because, on NetBSD, if you dlopen() a threaded library from a
> single-threaded image, you will get a nasty crash.

This is just a metter of adding netbsd detection in the two autoconf macros
GB_THREAD and GB_SYSTEM. This will be done in the next release.

> 2. If you are going to guess paths, you need these, too:
> BIN:
> /usr/pkg/bin
> /usr/pkg/qt3/bin
>
> INCLUDE:
> /usr/pkg/include
> /usr/pkg/qt3/include
>
> LIB:
> /usr/pkg/lib
> /usr/pkg/qt3/lib
>
> These are the main pkgsrc directories. (QT is stored seperate from
> everything else...)

I will add them in specific components configure.ac files.

> 3. net/curl #includes are really messy.
> On netbsd, you get the correct path to curl includes automatically, but
> NOT the parent directory of that.
>
> So, <curl/curl.h> is NOT reachable, but <curl.h> is.

This problem must be fixed by Daniel...

> 4. memset() is in <string.h>.

Which files need to be modified ?

> --Brandon