[Gambas-devel] Re: Gambas and Visual Basic

sanyaade sanyaade at ...255...
Wed Mar 16 00:07:49 CET 2005

> On the subject at hand, I'm definitely in favor of writing something
> to translate VB code to Gambas, and if no one who's ever written a
> language parser before will volunteer, I will end up starting in on
> it with a lot of Regexp objects. :)

open-source kit it can transate Basic, Visual Basic to C and I think not
sure to C++.  Perhaps the translator could be a starting point, a jump start
or
a knowldge base on how to do such things.

=> 2.) More also there is http://www.purebasic.com/index.php3 Closed Source
Commercial.

=> 3.)  http://sourceforge.net/projects/rbasic/  => is a
interpretor/parser/compiler based on
 the Visual Basic (6/.net) grammer. It will parse to C++ and compile with
MingW

=> 4.) Another one is VB62VC6 => http://sourceforge.net/projects/vb6tovc6/ a
add-in code translator

I think some of these open-source kits can be twinked to work in Gambas or
as starting point.

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
Sanyaade