[Gambas-devel] Package splitting (2)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Mar 14 18:02:39 CET 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 17:54, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> El lun, 14-03-2005 a las 17:47 +0100, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> > Arf! The package has been splitted, but there are many scripts to rewrite
> > in my own compilation system. And I have to split the big .spec file.
> >
> > So you won't see it now :-)
> >
> > Here is the list of independant source packages:
> >
> > gb.compress.zlib
> > gb.compress.bzlib2
> > gb.db.mysql
> > gb.db.odbc
> > gb.db.postgresql
> > gb.db.sqlite
> > gb.db.sqlite3
> > gb.gtk
> > gb.net
> > gb.net.curl
> > gb.pcre
> > gb.qt
> > gb.qt.kde
> > gb.sdl
> > gb.xml
> > main
> >
> > All gb.* sources packages are independant GNU autotools packages. But
> > then, of course, you will have to manage compilation dependencies between
> > different packages by hand.
> >
> > Every package can be compiled in any order, except that the 'main'
> > package *must* be compiled last, once every other component has been
> > compiled AND installed.
> >
> > To José Rodríguez: is it possible with the Debian compilation system ?
>
> It is just pefect :-D
> Building dependencies can be easily managed in Debian.
>
> Only one doubt: what about the ide ? I supposse it is in another
> component that will depend, at least on main & ( gb.qt ||gb.gtk ) .
> isn't it?

This is the reason why the "main" package must be compiled last, and after
every other components are compiles AND installed. The compiler just need the
*.info and *.list files generated by the components to compile projects using
these components.

As for component dependencies, they will be enhanced in a next release, so
that you can use expression like (gb.qt || gb.gtk)

mailto:gambas at ...1...