[Gambas-devel] Release of gambas2 1.9.10

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Tue Jun 28 12:30:05 CEST 2005

The new EXEC is a bit ambiguous for me:

Dim hProc As Process

hProc=EXEC[command]

Execution --> Error: wanted Process, got String

hProc=EXEC[command] FOR WRITE

Execution --> OK

Then, must I specify at least "FOR WRITE" if I want to recive the
Process descriptor? Even
if I don't want to write anything?. Should'n be more logical to return a
String only
if you specify the "WAIT" flag?

My first impression was that it was a bug, as I didn't specify WAIT but
the program
was blocked till the process finished... It makes more dificult the
transition from
Gambas1 to Gambas2 too in any program, as it is not only matter of
change the
position of the process descriptor in the line, but adding a useless flag.

Could you please change this Benoît? I really do not find it useful nor
intuitive.

Regards,

D. Campos