[Gambas-devel] bug in message.warning ?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jul 24 18:26:04 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 20:32, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've found this dangerous behaviour in message.warning.
>
> The example application I've attached has two buttons.
> With the first one you can create a temp directory and with
> the second you can delete the temp dir.
> Well. When you click the remove button a
> message.warning window pops up.
> The application SELECTs the user's choice.
>
> HERE is the DANGER!
>
> If you accidentally close the message.warning window instead of
> using the buttons, the application thinks you have clicked
> the second button and removes the directory.
>
> So in a message.warning window when you close the window
> you act as if you clicked the last indexed button.
>
> I've read the Gambas doc and I haven't found an explanation for that.
> Is it a default feature, I mean "closing window" = "last button clicking" ?
> I think that disabling the window closing on messages windows
> should be safer.
>
> I'm using Gambas 1.0.7
>
> Saluti,
>
> Stefano Palmeri

This is by design. Closing the message box is as if you clicked the right most
button.

I admit that is behaviour is a bit stupid... Maybe I should change it for the
developmenet verison.

As for the stable one, always please put your cancel button at the right of
your message box.

mailto:gambas at ...1...