[Gambas-devel] sdl component bugfix release ...

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...141...
Fri Jul 8 17:00:04 CEST 2005

Benoit Minisini a écrit :

> Aargh. Why did you rename the Key class to 'KeyCode' ? Can you rename it back
> so that the syntax is the same with the Qt component ?

Because of the huge quantity of keyboard key name ! It was the mess in
the key class, a mix of key methods/properties and key symbol :) And
it's really easier to use code completion now ...
And SDL as got a lot of key symbols instead of QT component !

I guess now it's a bit clear (parhaps some confusions with key.code and
keyCode perhaps), but i can go backward, there's no problems :)

> I tried the sdlmove example too, and it is slow, but I didn't look in the code
> to understand why.

This must come from all these "modern" CPU with speedstep feature and
the nice STOP EVENT feature (no it's not a bug :) ) with refresh event !
Try to remove this line :
IF moveX = 0 AND moveY = 0 THEN STOP EVENT

I guess you should have a better spped (but more cpu load :p)

Laurent Carlier
jabber : LordHeavy at ...298...