[Gambas-devel] gtk 050120 / QT bugs

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jan 25 16:40:50 CET 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 16:42, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi:
>

> This is a new pre-alpha version of the GTK+ component:
>
> - I've implemented some things like the "drop part" from dnd
> - Now you have a good clipboard support
> - Cursors
> - Less buggy picture and image classes.
> - Some new widgets: TextArea and ProgressBar.

Cool. But notepad example does not resize its contents...

> - Some bugs fixed, but I have to rewrite some of the form deletion code,
> as your application
> may still crash when closing the main formulary, under still unknown
> circumstances (mistery :-)).

The TestGtk example crashes again during CWIDGET_delete.

Can't you implement the same process than I done in Qt ?
1) Free everything in the destroy slot of each widget.
2) Explicitly deleting a widget just adds it to a delete list that is
processed at the return of the event loop.
3) Deleting the form is done the same way.
4) A control or form is never destroyed if the current event loop level is
greater than the event loop level where it was created.

> - GTK+ seems to be able to show full color cursors, while QT translates
> it to b&w, at least using X.org server.

Great! Go on...

> - The "PictureMask" property from the "Form" class has been implemented,
> so now allows
> to create transparent forms with gtk+.
> - The Huygens mission landed sucessfully on Titan :
> http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Cassini-Huygens/SEM15Y71Y3E_0.html

>------------------------------
>
> I've found some bugs in the gb.qt "Cursor" implementation:
>
> 1) If you execute:

> Dim hCur As Cursor
> hCur=New Cursor(Picture["myicon"])
> Me.Cursor=hCur
>
> You got a "1 Allocations not freed" error

OK. I fixed it.

> 2) If you execute:

> Dim hCur As Cursor
> hCur=New Cursor(Picture["myicon"],30,20)
> Me.Cursor=hCur
>
> And "30" and "20" are bigger that the real icon size, you got
> an error from QT:
>
> "X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>   Major opcode:  93
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0x300024e
> X Error: BadCursor (invalid Cursor parameter) 6
>   Major opcode:  2
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0x300024f"
>

> This should be checked, and "if X>picture.Width then X=Picture.Width-1"

I fixed it too.

> D. Campos

mailto:gambas at ...1...