[Gambas-devel] Gambas on Cygwin

Brandon Bergren bdragon at ...185...
Tue Jan 18 01:32:10 CET 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Benoit Minisini wrote:

> On Monday 10 January 2005 23:04, Daniel Campos wrote:
>>> It might work. I doubt you could possibly abuse the compiler as bad as
>>> QT does. (moc, anyone?)
>>
>> No, "moc" is a QT hack, GTK compiles without that ugly stuff :-)))

That was my point. I was referring to how QT abuses C++ so bad it needs
its own preprocessor.

>> Regards,
>>
>> D. Campos
>>

> We must make a gb.form component that will be parent of gb.form.qt and
> gb.form.gtk. This gb.form component will include a API with all X11 dependent
> functions that will be used by gb.form.qt and gb.form.gtk. This way, things
> will be clearer and porting easier!
>
> Regards,

shouldn't gb.form be where the abstract windowing stuff be put?
What about when there's a (gag) MFC gui component?  BeAPI?  Aqua?  Cairo?
Allegro? (anyone want a dos port?  ;P )
Think of how java.awt
works...  X11 is quite platform specific, really..
Really, shouldn't it be more like

gb.form
  gb.form.x11
   gb.form.x11.qt
   gb.form.x11.kde
   gb.form.x11.gtk
   gb.form.x11.motif
   gb.form.x11.athena
  gb.form.fox
  gb.form.wx
  gb.form.fltk
  gb.form.be
  gb.form.aqua
  gb.form.mfc
  gb.form.aalib

?
(not like all of these components would ever get written)

How about having the gui compenent to use be specified on the command line
or as an env. var, instead of in the project file?

like GAMBAS_USE_GUI=gb.gtk or something.