[Gambas-devel] bug when printing boolean value ?

Kadaitcha Man nospam at ...217...
Fri Jan 14 12:50:59 CET 2005

Laurent Carlier wrote:
> Le Vendredi 14 Janvier 2005 12:22, Kadaitcha Man a écrit :
>> It's what I would expect to happen. You have defined the variable
>> named 'value' as a boolean. If I wanted to get a string from a
>> booean, I would expact that I would have to convert it.
>>
>> From the help text...
>>
>> Str$
>> String = Str$ ( Expression )
>> Converts an expression into its printable string representation...
>>

> Yes but ir's strange :
>
> PRINT value   ' work
> PRINT "The value : " &value  ' don't work

How is it strange? '&' is a concatenation operator, not a conversion
operator. 'value' is a boolean. The result you get is because you are
concatenating a string and a boolean. You have to convert the boolean to a
string.

Have a strong cup of coffee and try again later.