[Gambas-devel] Help Re Gambas Component

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Thu Jan 13 13:34:07 CET 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 03:03, Srikanta Prasanna wrote:
> I don't have much knowledge of toolkits and event-loops.
> So, can anyone please suggest a simple (?) and yet useful
> component which I can begin with? I went thru the gambas
> roadmap (gambas.sourceforge.net/roadmap.html) but was not sure
> from where to begin with, as I am not familiar with any of
> those :-)

You could try adding some methods to the POSIX component I posted
yesterday (basically, they're Linux standard library calls.)
That's assuming you had any interest in doing that, but I think
starting out by making some modifications to an existing
component is a little less daunting and will get you familiar
with the gambas API :)

Rob