[Gambas-devel] Re: [Gambas-user] Mandrake Installation

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Wed Jan 12 16:47:42 CET 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 10:31, machaira at ...162... wrote:
> I downloaded and installed the package for Gambas2 from
> kudla.org and unfortunately it didn't add a shortcut to it off
> the start button (forgive any incorrect terminology, I'm still
> stuck on Windows :( ). Suggestions as to how I can access it
> would be appreciated.

The gambas2 packages aren't meant to be user friendly (if you
notice, I haven't even announced them) and are really for my own
use and that of various clients, and users on these lists.  This
is because some of the new code is quite unstable and I don't
want people running it unless they are able to cope when it
crashes.  You can run the IDE by going to a shell prompt and
typing "gambas2".

For the full-on user friendliness, feel free to grab the Gambas
1.0.1 packages as they work great.

Rob