[Gambas-devel] 1.9.1 pcre problem diagnosed

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Wed Jan 12 15:14:13 CET 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 04:04, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> Could it be possible to compile the regexp first, and then use
> the compiled regexp later may times ?

Yes, that would make it much faster to process large text files
for example.

So what I want to do is this:

1. have a method called Regexp.Compile

2. have a method called Regexp.Exec

3. check for the existence of the "subject" and "pattern" args in
the constructor, and if they exist, then call Compile and then
Exec (as I'm doing now, but with more indirection.

Are there any existing components with classes that do this?  I
actually don't know how to call one method of a Gambas class
from another in C... do I use the Gambas symbol (CREGEXP_compile
for example) or do I write private C functions called
"regexpcompile()" and "regexpexec()" in regexp.c and call them
from all three methods?

Rob