[Gambas-devel] 1.9.1 pcre problem diagnosed

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Wed Jan 12 01:38:37 CET 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 13:09, Rob wrote:
> One of the last changes I made to the regexp.c file was adding
> exec options and compile options as optional arguments.
> Unfortunately, if you don't specify both arguments the pattern
> fails to compile, and then when the _new method exits the
> interpreter segv's for some reason.  I am now working on
> making those arguments actually optional ;)

Heh heh.  Never mind.... after uninstalling both versions of
Gambas and reinstalling just 1.9.1, this problem disappeared.  I
still have added a check for MISSING(coptions) and
MISSING(eoptions) to my local copy of the source, but it seems
the segv was just a 1.0.1 problem which for some reason was also
affecting 1.9.1.  I also updated my proof of concept example
project, but I hope to make a regex builder sort of example like
kmail has (since most people have no idea what regular
expressions are even useful for. :) )

The weird thing is, after I fixed it in 1.0.1, it also started
working correctly if I ran the same project with gbx2.  I wonder
if there's still some references to "gbx" in the IDE...

Rob