[Gambas-devel] Gambas on Cygwin

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...103...
Tue Jan 11 23:04:59 CET 2005

>What type of X11 dependent stuff is still in there?  I was hoping
>to get Gambas running on either Gtk-fb or Qt-embedded, but X
>dependency will make it hard...

Yes but the real world is hopeless :-)))

I need to use some X functions to implement some parts of the  Gambas
interface.
However, these differences are minimal, and, by other side, GTK+ offers some
specific functions to work with linux framebuffer or even DirectFB, that
allows, for
example, to have managed (decorated) windows without window manager,
that will be useful,
but useable only in these environments.

But, as Gambas and the gtk component are GPL,  all the people interested
in different
environments can modify the code to make it work :-)))

Regards,

D. Campos