[Gambas-devel] Sqlite3

nigel at ...2... nigel at ...2...
Fri Jan 7 12:19:51 CET 2005

Sqlite3 has been split from Sqlite and is the new development branch.  It uses a different database format etc.  The old Sqlite (2) will continue to be supported for sometime and is the production version. Therefore, a user could have both versions on his box - for this reason I split the driver.
In theory, during the opening of a database I could check for the version and then conditionally load the different engine behind the driver.  I will have to think about it :-)
Nigel

> Message date : Jan 01 2005, 05:39 PM
> From : "Benoit Minisini"
> To : gambas-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Copy to :
> Subject : Re: [Gambas-devel] Sqlite3
> On Wednesday 24 November 2004 11:51, nigel at ...2... wrote:
> > Attached are the changes for the new split of sqlite; sqlite3.
> > This will be presented as a seperate drive to the current sqlite driver
> > which will continue to support the sqlite 2 tree. Bewarned: Only basic
> > testing has been done.
> > Nigel
>
> Isn't it possible to have only one driver for sqlite2 and sqlite3 ?
>
> --
> Benoit Minisini
> mailto:gambas at ...1...

Whatever you Wanadoo: