[Gambas-devel] gambas source code structure

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Mon Jan 3 16:22:34 CET 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 06:42, José "L. Redrejo" Rodríguez
wrote:
> whole, because of their interdependencies.  I would like to
> see a model similar to most programming languages in the linux
> world (python, perl, C, etc.). I.E. a separated api that
> allows to compile the different components of libraries
> outside from the main tree.

I would like to see a packaged called "gambas-devel" that works
like the "perl-devel" package too, but I don't think Benoit is
into the idea.  Therefore I suggest the creation of a
"gambas-source" package like the "kernel-source" package, which
you can BuildRequires: in RPM creation or do the equivalent in
apt, meaning you wouldn't have to include the whole Gambas
source in your component's source package.  There is definitely
going to be a need for components that are distributed separate
from Gambas... already people have talked about building
components to talk to this or that obscure piece of hardware,
and we are going to want to have those available to everyone but
not have to ship every component everyone ever makes with the
core Gambas tarball.

I will make a gambas-source package for Mandrake when I get 1.0
packages going.

Rob