[Gambas-devel] About next Gambas version

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jan 2 22:13:49 CET 2005

The new development version of gambas will be numbered 1.1.x or 1.9.x, I am
not completetly determined. Well, 1.9.x seems to be cool :-)

BUT, as we must be able to install the current 1.0 and the next 2.0 on the
same system, the package will be renamed 'gambas2'

Things of gambas2 will be installed in /usr/lib/gambas2, usr/share/gambas2,
and so on. The interpreter should be renamed too (gbx2), and I think the
tools (gbi, gba, gbc, gambas, gambas-database-manager) will move
in /usr/lib/gambas2/bin or something similar.

So, the name of the current package is gambas-1.0.x.tar.bz2
And the name of the development package will be gambas2-1.9.x.tar.bz2

Is it clear for everyone ? :-)

mailto:gambas at ...1...