[Gambas-devel] Error while editing FEditor.form

H.R. ter Veer terveer at ...223...
Fri Feb 4 13:50:42 CET 2005

Hey , come on, no excuses, it's no problem!
I'm just trying to help by calling what's wrong.
Better help to find broken thing in these releases than in stable ones right?
I'll try the 1.9.3 version.

By the way, is there anything more we can do?
I saw the dutch TIPS still missing for example, can we mail added sources or whatever?

Greetings & thanks

Harm

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:27:40 +0100
Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> On Friday 04 February 2005 00:39, Rob wrote:
> > On Thursday 03 February 2005 17:53, H.R. ter Veer wrote:
> > > So, thinking that if i want to upload the source, or CVS (is
> > > there any), i should be working wiht the latest (developer)
> > > release, to be sure things fit.
> > >
> > > Though, when adding a panel to the FEditor form, the edtEditor
> > > object is being removed. Not noticable, but when you try to
> > > compile it fails. If you then close & reopen the project, then
> > > the edtEditor object gone.
> > >
> > > I'm afraid it's a problem in the index when adding things to a
> > > form, but i couldn't reproduce it in another, more simple
> > > project.
> >
> > I have spent some time bashing my head against this same bug in
> > 1.9.2.  (That is the newest release; I don't think Benoit uses
> > cvs at all, and if he does it's not public.)  It's easy to
> > reproduce: create a form, add a tabstrip to it, put something
> > else in the tabstrip (maybe that's not even necessary), save the
> > form, close Gambas, reopen Gambas, reopen the form, and the
> > tabstrip is gone.  Or, just save the form and then look at its
> > .form file.  This makes 1.9.2 unusable for anything but fairly
> > simple forms (luckily, my Import VB Project form was quite
> > simple.)
> >
> > From my debugging I have come to the same conclusion as you...
> > the Control collection in FForm is getting populated with NULLs
> > instead of CControls for some control types.  I assume that
> > there's an error somewhere that's being hidden by a TRY or CATCH
> > with no warning, but I haven't found it yet.  (I tried globally
> > commenting out the CATCH command across the entire project....
> > that didn't work so well.... :) )  Diffing 1.9.2 against 1.0.2
> > (eliminating the .lang subdirectory) gives about 600 lines of
> > diff output, and none of it looks like it could be causing the
> > error to me.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> This bug is fixed in the 1.9.3. It was related to the implementation of
> virtual method dispatching.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience, but I have warned that things will break! :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoit Minisini
> mailto:gambas at ...1...

Cast the calming apple
Up and over satellites
To draw out the timid wild one
To convince you it's alright
And I listen for the whisper
Of your sweet insanity while I formulate
Denials of your affect on me

You're a stranger
So what do I care
You vanish today