[Gambas-devel] gb.gtk 080805

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Aug 9 22:50:20 CEST 2005

On Monday 08 August 2005 14:35, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Here is a new version of gb.gtk:
>
> http://gambas.gnulinex.org/gtk
>
> Just for gambas-1.9.15, in order to test the UserContainer and Stock
> classes:
>
> * NEW:   "UserContainer" class implemented.
> * FIXED: Some problems in menu representation.
> * NEW:   "Stock" class implemented.
> * NEW:   Stubs for Label.Autoresize and "Compare" properties and events.
>
> If you already downloaded and installed gambas2-1.9.15, remove the
> gb.gtk.gambas file
> placed in the components directory ( usually /usr/lib/gambas2 ), prior
> to compile and
> install this new version.
>
> Regards,
>
> D. Campos

Hi, Daniel.

I send you the 'gb.qt.arrangement.h' file where I put the arrangement
algorithm. How to use it is explained inside - You have to define a bunch of
macros and include the file in your code.

I will put a symbolic link to this file in ./gb.gtk/src

Tell me if you have any problem with it.

Now some remarks about Container, UserControl and UserContainer...

- UserContainer is exactly like UserControl, except that UserContainer exports
the arrangement properties (Arrangement, Paddign, Spacing, AutoResize) and
that it applies these properties to the underlying gambas container specified
by the Container property. Moreover, when the container property is set, you
must call the arrangement function again because the arrangement function is
only applied to the current container.

- From the next version (1/9/16), every container must have the arrangement
flag structure, even if they do not use it. This way, a user can set a
non-arranger container to a Container UserContainer property (is this
sentence clear ?).

- Forms are containers like others - It seems that resizing a form with gb.gtk
does not update the arrangement.

A last point: when you distribute gb.gtk source package, you can make it
independant from the gambas source tree if you wish by running 'make dist'
inside the ./gb.gtk directory.

mailto:gambas at ...1...