[Gambas-devel] gb.gtk 05806 / qt bug

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Mon Aug 8 15:11:00 CEST 2005

Hi:

In fact I'm using GtkTreeView for ListBox, ListView and ColumnView. One of
the things I was thinking is to write only the more complex control in
C++, and
then use the gambas-control feature to implement ListBox, ListView, TreeView
GridView and ColumnView, may be in the gb.gtk.gambas part, or even in
the gb.form component
if you did the same.

I agree with you: this model is very complex for Basic programmers, but
may be there could be
only a Widget written in C++, exposing all the complex of a TreeView
model, for those who
want to use it (primarily us to implement the rest of widgets :-), and
then cover it with
Gambas code so we had a simple ListBox, ListView... and may be the
TableView control that, I don't
know why, is placed in the gb.qt.ext component. All these controls would
take the look & feel from
QT or GTK+ depending on what component is in use, and we (specially me
:-) could save a lot
of time and code.

I'd want to start that work as soon as possible, as I know there are
some bugs in the current
ListBox and ListView implementations, and I would like to rewrite that
code...

Regards,

D. Campos