[Gambas-devel] Release of gambas 1.9.15

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 7 22:20:25 CEST 2005

At least, it should be good :-p

What is new in this version ?

The work on components written in Gambas has continued. Now you can make true
containers. Otherwise:

* ColumnView (and other view controls) got a Compare event that is called for
comparing columns. A new not yet finished FileChooser control was made to
show that.

* The controls programmed in Gambas were moved to a new component, gb.form.
When the GTK+ component will be finished :-) this component will be able to
be used with gb.qt or gb.gtk indifferently.

This is the better way for making new controls without having to program it in
both toolkit. For example, I think about a Calendar control, TextBox for
editing dates, times... Buttons for choosing colors, fonts... And so on...

* Right-to-left languages are now took in account by container arrangement
routines.

* There is a new experimental Editor control in the QT extension component. It
aims at replacing the GambasEditor control. It can share its text with other
editors, display number lines. It may support custom highlighting routines in
the future. There is an experimental 'gambas2-with-editor' project for those
who want to see it in action.

If you are interested in having a support for custom highlighting, tell me.

* The problem of gb.qt not being compiled should be solved - If not, you know
where lodging a complaint :-)

Note that the last gb.gtk version was not included in this version.

mailto:gambas at ...1...