[Gambas-devel] gb.api

fabien gambasfr at ...4...
Sun Apr 24 15:49:23 CEST 2005

Le Samedi 23 Avril 2005 15:43, Daniel Campos a écrit :
> >corrected :)
> >
> >i don't know where is the problem ! in upload
> >
> >You have done a great job :)
> >
> >i've say something about this concept there is some month... but i haven't
> > the capability to do that myself. !
> >
> >Now i can just play with opengl without any component to test in a first
> > time.
> >
> >I'm really impressive about you because all that you do work fine or
> > quite.
>
> Thanks! do you want to be my public relations manager? :-)))
>
> >Do you think it will be possible to do an api explorer ? To simplify the
> >function detection.
>
> Well, I think it is possible to write a program to parse a header (.h)
> file, and
> translate declarations from C to the gb.api style, however it is not so
> easy as it seems to be, as some libraries uses a lot of type declarations,
> for example
> glib uses some types as "gchar, gpointer...", and some .h files include
> other
> .h files that needs to be parsed too... May be a documentation project
> would be
> better, to start translating functions and structures declarations
> for the more common libraries (libc, ncurses, glib ...) and place it in
> a wiki so anyone
> can look for the definitions.
>
> Note, however, that the programmer should declare only the functions and
> structures
> from a library that he really needs, as each declaratiom uses some
> memory. That is,
> writting a big file that declares all functions provided by a library
> would waste a lot
> of memory. This is a bad practice that I've seen in a lot of VB programs
> that I had
> to "repair" in my former jobs.

sure :)

But the advantage of an api classe is that the declaration can be dynamic and
we can freed the function that we want to use just one time.

I've thinked about an api explorer just to simplify the declaration typing.

Now, about the gtk api ... i've tryed to had the reparent function to the
component in the qt component.. it work well !

control.parent = panel

Just a need to forbid the form reparent. but form are frame when it have a
parent .

With that i've just doing a toolbox management like in gimp .

Can you try this on gtk component ?

Fabien