[Gambas-devel] Re: Gambas-devel digest, Vol 1 #587 - 4 msgs

Andrea Bortolan andrea_bortolan at ...112...
Tue Apr 19 09:31:18 CEST 2005

Marcelo,
in order to connect to a DB using the ODBC connection you need :

- install the unixODBC driver manager
- conigure it in order to be able to access the DB server
- compile and install the Gambas development release with the ODBC support

the ODBC support is based on the unixODBC driver manager, check in the www.unixodbc.org web site the driver supported and where download them. For shure MySQL,PostgreSQL and DB2 UDB for iSeries are working fine, I did not try any others.

Let me know if you are able to connect using others dirvers.

Have a nice day,Andrea

Marcelo Miranda <marcelomiranda at ...293...> wrote:
Howto connect data sources from unixODBC, with gambas connection.
I need conect MS Sql server databases or MS Access database and/or Postgres.
Tanks.
Obrigado,

Marcelo Miranda