[Gambas-devel] pcre component does something now :)

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Thu Sep 30 00:33:06 CEST 2004

I added two properties to my pcre component's one class, Regex:
Offset and Match.

Offset works.... after you NEW the class (thereby executing the
regex) it will either hold the offset of your match, or -1 if it
failed.  So you can already use it as a sort of PCRE-enhanced
"Instr", if you feel like living dangerously.

Match, however, which is supposed to return that part of the
string that matched the expression, will cause gbx to segfault.
:P

Nonetheless I figured I should post about it.  Oh yeah, and
whenever I open a project in gambas after installing this
component, I get this error dialog:

CClassInfo._new:25

Not an object

[OK]

Things continue normally after that.  Has anyone else with
component writing experience run into this?  I can't find
anything I'm doing wrong.  Anyway, here's a link to the tarball:

http://www.kudla.org/rpm/pcre-200409291821.tar.gz

Build from src/lib in the gambas 0.99 tree.

Rob