[Gambas-devel] Re: Debian stuff

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...101...
Sun Sep 19 11:23:59 CEST 2004

El mar, 07-09-2004 a las 05:29,
gambas-devel-request at lists.sourceforge.net escribió:

> From: Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>
> To: gambas-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Gambas-devel] Debian stuff
> Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:56:50 +0200
>
> On Monday 06 September 2004 13:59, Jos=E9 L. Redrejo Rodr=EDguez wrote:
> > I am generating the Debian Packages for gambas and before the 1.0
> > release I would like to change the different generated packages. I would
> > like to know if you have any policy about it. A reasonable one could be
> > to make a gambas-runtime, gambas-ide, and one gambas-component for each
> > component. A metapackage called gambas that installs all of them could
> > also be useful. I would like to hear your opinion about this.
> >
> > On the other hand, I have a GREAT interest in making work the Debian
> > Package generation for the 1.0 release. If I can help in any way (I have
> > a deep knowledge of debian structures, but no so deep about the gambas
> > IDE), please contact with me off-list. I would need to know where in the
> > code is that part of the IDE.
> >
> > Regards.
>
> I think the spanish answer of Alberto has explained everything.
>
> There is already a debian packager, as you can see on the download page of =
> the=20
> web site, but I think they are not up to date.
>
> Contact him so that you can share the packaging task.

 I am that debian packager ;-)

> By reading the Mandrake .spec file, I think you can understand what package=
> s=20
> you must do, and what you must put inside.

I will send you the new debian tree of the gambas sources in the  next
two days, if anyone wants to suggest something it is time to do it right
now.

> Ask me every question you need! But I think we should stay on the=20
> mailing-list, because what we say can interest other people.

I also want to fix the debian packages creation from gambas ide (Project
->Make installation Package) that doesn't work at all. Tell me if
somebody has already begun to do that work, and if you think I will have
time enough to do it before the 1.0 release.

Regards.