[Gambas-devel] XML component

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...103...
Fri Sep 10 16:41:20 CEST 2004

El vie, 10-09-2004 a las 10:00 +0200, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> On Thursday 09 September 2004 21:03, Alberto Torres wrote:
> > Hi, I wonder if anyone is working on a xml component for gambas. I read
> > the wiki and it seems that Daniel Campos is working on it.
> >
> > I think XML component should be small and stand-alone, a good choice
> > could be use tinyxml because it's small (146kb source without docs) and
> > has no external depencies.
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinyxml

Mmmh... Tinyxml is a good choice for tiny systems, but...

"It doesnt parse or use DTDs (Document Type Definitions) or XSLs
(eXtensible Stylesheet Language.) It is only tested on Latin-1
characters (which is the Western European character set). Although
people have reported success in passing through Latin-1 and UTF-8 data.
There are other parsers out there (check out www.sourceforge.org, search
for XML) that are much more fully featured. But they are also much
bigger, take longer to set up in your project, have a higher learning
curve, and often have a more restrictive license. If you are working
with browsers or have more complete XML needs, TinyXml is not the parser
for you."

The lack of DTD and multiencoding support is specially severe for a lot
of web/database applications...

Regards,

Daniel Campos