[Gambas-devel] XML component

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Fri Sep 10 19:30:26 CEST 2004

On Friday 10 September 2004 04:00, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> When Christian and/or you have finished the components, I will
> come to ensure that their interface is nice, and, if you do
> two different components, that they are exactly the same :-)

That may not be possible with XML components.

Some XML libraries are designed around parsing streams of XML on
the fly, and generate a callback for each entity (tag,
whatever...) they encounter.  Christian's looks like one of
these.  Others load the whole file in and give you a big data
structure containing the whole thing, but they also usually
require a DTD prior to loading.  I don't think you could really
have the same interface to both kinds of libraries...

Rob