[Gambas-devel] MP3 with SDL

Ahmed Kamal eng_ak at ...43...
Wed Sep 1 15:10:16 CEST 2004

Install automake rpm to get aclocal

ron wrote:

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 10:40, Ahmed Kamal wrote:

Try to compile your own SDL. May be redhat stripped out mp3 support.

It is SuSE 8.2 here for me

I refresh the SDL install to from 1.2.3 to 1.2.7-1 from the www.libsdl.org
<http://www.libsdl.org>  site.

None from SuSE ;-(

SDL-1.2.7-1.i386.rpm

SDL-devel-1.2.7-1.i386.rpm

reconfig gambas

configure --disable-curl

make and make install

No reported and aborting error.

Go checking by opening the player project

Yes true so I just try to open a music file.

This time a recent .ogg, the first one I see.

This plays now 100% :-)

plays OK

Only the file of 80MByte with talking Linus Torvals play at double speed.

Music goes OK, i.e. 70MByte Trance music

I try the example MusicPlayer with a mp3 file and I got the message

"Module format not recognized" at the line "Music.Load(Dialog.Path)" in

.ogg is OK .mp3 is still crash.

 So no really changes are in affect.

Another idea to look for?

BTW

If I unpack the sources do the configure and make I get

cd . && aclocal-1.8

/bin/sh: line 1: aclocal-1.8: command not found

and it stops.

With gamabs I see aclocal-1.4 not found error bur it works

SuSE does not have it and I can't follow it how too get it

working. Stupid may be.

In the maillist at suse found i'm not the only one. :-(

To difficult ATM for me to dive in the deep to get that working.

greets Ron

http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=5047
<http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=5047&alloc_id=10808&op=click>
&alloc_id=10808&op=click