[Gambas-devel] MP3 with SDL

Ahmed Kamal eng_ak at ...43...
Wed Sep 1 10:40:23 CEST 2004

Try to compile your own SDL. May be redhat stripped out mp3 support.

ron wrote:

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 19:40, Benoit Minisini wrote:

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 10:41, Carsten Olsen wrote:

Hi

What else do I need to install ?

I try the example MusicPlayer with a mp3 file and I got the message

"Module format not recognized" at the line "Music.Load(Dialog.Path)" in

class FSoundPlayer (12:1)

SDL-devel 1.2.7-3 is installed. I use Fedora Core 2.

Kind regards

Carsten Olsen

Does the Fedora Core 2 SDL-mixer library have mp3 support ?

It was one of the first I did.

Hmm SDL-mixer?, well on my suse box the config can find them regarding

the result in the config.log and config.h say OK

Any way I have in the /usr/include/SDL the SDL-mixer.h

Looks to me a SDL-player is need for MUSIC.Load ?

second hmmm.

I didn found help, must look in SDL?

Go checking by opening the player project

Yes true so I just try to open a music file.

This time a recent .ogg, the first one I see.

This plays now 100% :-)

When I try a .mp3 I get the error message "Module format not recognized"

It does the .ogg but not the .mp3 here. :-(

Other mp3 players works, xmms, mp321 etc.

xmms over SDL driver or kmplayer(mplayer) works with mp3.

Problem looks to me gb, sdl with mp3 as combination related.

PS. In the background a new compile without error, SDL OK

greets Ron

http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=5047
<http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=5047&alloc_id=10808&op=click>
&alloc_id=10808&op=click