[Gambas-devel] Any started windows port ?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Wed Oct 27 16:14:06 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 09:02, Hervé Masson wrote:
>  > native windows and using this native qt port!  I don't
>  > think you could use this qt port from a cygwin program, but
>  > maybe I misunderstand its project page...
> Do you have another suggestions/directoins to achieve the port
> of the GUI part ?

Certainly... assuming you can get those dependencies resolved (I
have to admit libX11.dll.a sounds kinda weird to me...) I would
recommend building against the cygwin port of Qt, which is
supposedly pretty stable by now.  That's different than the
native GPL port of Qt, which is what Daniel was referring to.

I may have access to a vmware Win2K session in the near future,
and if I do (and if I have time) I am going to take a crack at
building it as well.  I'm afraid I've never built anything under
cygwin in the limited time I've used it in the past, just
installed binaries.  But, my gambas priorities right now are
finishing up gb.pcre and getting the documentation updated...

Rob