[Gambas-devel] xml.libxml 0.0.4

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Sun Oct 10 19:02:32 CEST 2004

>There is a problem with the libxml component that prevent it to being
>"compilable" with gambas: the includes for the two different libraries
libxml
>and libxslt are not in the same place.
>
>This is a case not managed by GB_COMPONENT() !
>
>This was not a problem with the SDL component (that uses libsdl and
>libsdl_mixer), because all SDL includes are in the same directory.
>
>As I said before, maybe Daniel could remove xslt things from libxml to
put
>them in another component (gb.xml.libxml.xslt ?). So the problem will
be
>fixed, and I will be able to compile it cleanly.
>
>But if there is an explicit need for libxslt in the component, the
problem
>will remain...
>
>I have another problem on Mandrake:
>
>xml2-config returns the correct information, but not xslt-config! It
tells me
>that the xslt includes are in /usr/include/libxml2, and they are
actually
>in /usr/include/libxslt! Maybe a Mandrake bug ?
>
>Waiting for your answer, Daniel ! :-)

Well, I have not problem to divide the current XML component in two
components,
one for XML and the other for XSLT.

I have two questions about path configuration:

1) Why using xml2-config and xslt-config? I always use pkgconfig,
instead, It is used
by all Gnome libraries...

2) I'm using Mandrake 10.1 community, and xslt-config says: -
I/usr/include/libxml2, so
may be you have a problem in your installation, or there's a general
problem in... Mandrake 10?
Try using pkg-config.

Regards,

Daniel Campos