[Gambas-devel] First step for a Gambas-sdl video component

ron ronstk at ...124...
Sat Oct 2 04:25:37 CEST 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 16:33, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> I've start working on a sdl-video componenr for gambas. Here my first early
> work. It need a lot of work and is very -basic-.
>
> I've got a bug with the timer if some can take a look et and explain me where
> i'm wrong will be nice. Lot of enhancement are planned.
>
> Thanks,

In your timertest example you are using:
  DIM timer1 as Timer
  DIM timer2 as Timer

This is the weak point of gambas. It has his own
Timer object/class. Definied as gb.qt.Timer in the help.
Your intention is to use gb.mysdl.Timer.

It is the leak of namespace you cant do:
  Dim timer1 as mysdl.Timer
  Dim timer2 as qt.Timer

The namespace is here 'mysdl' and 'qt' and can
have 2 different timers classes.

It can be true several components have the same
name for controls/objects/classes in it but not
for gambas components in a easy way.

i.e. gb.qt.Dialog is overruled by gb.qt.kde.Dialog.
Using this component for the URLLabel prevents you
to use the more friendly gb.qt.Dialog without the
KDE look (as example!).

For gambas these should have a unique name or by
add a prefix or suffix to tell the difference.

Maybe this helps against you bug with the timer.