[Gambas-devel] Yet more Cygwin[RESEND]

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Nov 28 18:16:30 CET 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 03:19, Brandon Bergren wrote:
> Didn't seem to go through -- resending
> --Brandon
>
> ===================
> Info files generated:
> gb.compress
> gb.db
> gb.debug
> gb.eval
> gb <-- Doesn't crash gbi now! :)
> gb.net <-- Functionally broken; I had to comment out some stuff. Cygwin
> lacks a couple of reentrant functions, have to look into more later.
> gb.vb
>
> Currently broken:
> gb.qt <-- link issues. It might be my fault, I was using a binary release,
> and the problems I'm getting look ABI related. I'm going to compile QT from
> scratch tonight and see if that fixes it.
> gb.sdl <-- I have it disabled while I do other things.
>
> To fix the crash I was having with gbi, I had to upgrade libltdl, make
> distclean, and reconfigure.
>
> Also, I still have to manually #define USE_LTDL 1 in config.h.

I should add the option to configure...

> The newest stable, Libtool 1.5.10, works great in cygwin.  I manually
> copied /usr/local/share/libtool/libltdl into place, but normally you
> upgrade with 'libtoolize --ltdl', right?  The version in the gambas tree
> has a copyright date of 2000 (!)
>
> Libtool can be had at:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/libtool.html
>
> After upgrading libltdl, I had to comment out the two 'lt_dlopen_flag ='
> lines in the code.
> I think those aren't required anymore, and it doesn't appear to exist in
> ltdl.h anymore.

Actually, I modified the libltdl sources by adding a lt_dlopen_flag that
allows me to pass the LTDL_LAZY flag to dlopen() when calling lt_dlopen().
Otherwise, all symbols are resolved at library loading, which can be slow
when loading the qt or kde libraries.

I will try to download and merge libtool 1.5.10 in the package as soon as
possible. I tried an little older version some times ago, but failed to
merge.

mailto:gambas at ...1...