[Gambas-devel] More cygwin

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Nov 20 17:59:16 CET 2004

On Thursday 18 November 2004 23:18, Brandon Bergren wrote:

> Ok, here's what I've found.
>
> I can't see any realistic way to beat the  GB_DESC *GB_CLASSES[] into
> submission.
> The {class description} sections aren't being constructed properly.
>
> Cygwin apparently doesn't like a pointer to an array made of extern
> elements in a shared library.  I don't blame it.
>
> I have an idea for a workaround, but it's not finished yet.  Thinking of a
> way to implement it without changing the class declaration syntax.
>
> On a positive note, the GB structure seems to work OK.  I've been running
> tests in a hacked-up gbi.c in gdb, and was able to write to GB from a gbi
> stackframe.
>
> :)
>
> Also, malloc() doesn't seem to allocate memory that can cross DLL
> boundaries. I got bla = (type*)GlobalAlloc(GPTR,size) to work fine. Another
> windows-ism.
>
> Hopefully, after all that, it'll just be small fixes.
>
> --Brandon

Thanks for your investigation: I didn't imagine that there are so many
differences between Cygwin and "normal" unices! Maybe we should thank Windows
for that...

As for the pointer to the GB_DESC array: only the pointer to the array is
exported, so I think getting the contents of the array is just a matter of
some extra indirections. Am I wrong ? :-)

mailto:gambas at ...1...