[Gambas-devel] pre-alpha DBReportDesigner, DBReportViewer

Bodard Fabien gambasfr at ...4...
Fri Nov 12 13:02:50 CET 2004

Le vendredi 12 Novembre 2004 03:24, Christian Faure a écrit :
> Hi,
> If you have time:
> To test it, first you need create the "test" database with "database"
> example of Gambas.
> I include very small reports for Postgres, SQLite and MySQL.
>
> For Postgres:
>   Host: 127.0.0.1
>   Database: test
>   User: postgres
>
> For SQLite
>   Database: test
>
> For MySql
>   Database: test
>   User: root
>
> Reports have extension ".grpt" for Gambas report (plain text, no XML)
>
> How to test designer:
> 1. Open report designer
> 2. Open example report
> 3. to move objects, use cursor keys
> 4. to resize objects use shift+cursor keys
> 5. to change text, use property "text"
> 6. to edit recordsource, use toolbox, remember test your new SQL with
> "test" button
>
> How to test viewer:
> 1. Open report viewer
> 2. Click "Open" button
> 3. Select an example report
>
> Obs:
> The report designer is incomplete, buggy, slow, etc...
> All sum fields are calculated by database
> Recordsource are nested to do master-detail
> Each report section have an "Iteration" property linked to recordsource.
>
> The IDE is very slow, due to implementation, because i need an IDE
> general-purpose, to use it in others proyects.

Hi Chistian

It's a begninning, each project have a start point.

I think you can speed up you page loading with libxml.... (more simple for you
to parse)

Youn need error managment on no connection

why not use the grid view on properties ?

I don't know if manage the tool properties by (plain/text) is a good idea.
It's slow isn't it (push command to ide) ?  (nevertheless i see, you can
manage by this way all command you want just by adding a parser new key and a
button)

so...

i'm going to read this with interest..

Fabien