[Gambas-devel] More Database Driver Changes

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue May 18 21:01:03 CEST 2004

On Monday 17 May 2004 18:29, Nigel Gerrard wrote:
> Benoit,
>
> Here you are. Following on from your later email about using
> rData["Table.Field"],
> I can confirm that I have changed the drivers and this now works for
> multitable fields.
>
> I have included ChangeLogs for the changes I have made.
>
> Nigel

Sorry, but I really don't understand what you did about this "multitable
fields" thing and it is really necessary.

I thought that the old db component was already able to access these fields by
using rData["Table.Field"].

What's the point exactly ?

Another point: I'd like to make changes in the DB component to remove as much
as possible the pseudo-collections like Database.User... to replace them with
true collections (Database.Users), so that things are easier to use. The only
pseudo-collection I want to keep is Result.

I'd like to make a better interface for users and authorisations too, by
allowing it to embrace the very different possibilites of MySQL and
PostgreSQL: users have different authorisations, and these authorisations can
differ between the connection location (localhost, ...).

What do you think about that ? I'm not sure this is a good idea to do that
before 1.0, but I find the current interface a bit weird.

mailto:gambas at ...1...