[Gambas-devel] More Database Driver Changes

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun May 16 22:16:07 CEST 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 20:12, Nigel Gerrard wrote:
> Benoit,
>
> Could you have a look at the following changes and feedback your
> comments.  The changes apply to gambas-0.92.
>
> The major change is an attempt to implement access to fields with the
> same name contained in a multiple table query. e.g.
>
> select fred.field1, sid.field1 from fred, field.
>
> In order for this to work within Postgresql, version 7.4.1 or greater
> needs to be available.
>
> Please note that I have defined the $ character to separate
> tablename$filedname within the class.  It would be better if '.' could
> be used as $ is valid within field/tablename.  In each of my attempts to
> use '.' a syntax error is thrown (thus I've gone to $). I'm sure  that
> you will be able to get around this.
>
> Project.Module is a rouh demonstration of what I have been trying to
> achieve.
>
> The other major change (and probably the one I have not tested enough)
> is the use of parameters within .EXEC eg. .Exec("select * from &1",
> table) would get evaluated as select * from 'table' which would throw an
> error in mysql or postgresql.
>
> Have a look at the changelogs to see what else has been implemented.
> Drop me a line if there is anything you need.
>
> Nigel

Hi, Nigel.

Excuse me, I completely forgot your patch.

I think this is the the beginning of the Linus syndrome...

I apologize, I apologize...

Is it possible for you to send me a src/db directory updated for 0.93 ?

I thnk you can send me a complete src/db source directory, without using diff
files, as I didn't touch them since a while, and as I don't know how to apply
them in one shot.

I'm not sure for the gambas-database-manager. Could you send me it completely
too, by taking the one in 0.93 ?

mailto:gambas at ...1...